CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 6 August 2012

FIRST DAY IN GRADE 3X


Hey Everyone! I am ALL SET to go now!!!

The first day of school was here before I knew it! My kids started coming in today on August 6th! I LOVE starting on a Monday because it gives me just enough time to plan and have a lot of back to school fun before we *really* get into our daily routine!! Plus, I learn a lot about the kids to better plan for the following week!
 For today my main goal was to set a tone for respect and love for one another! I wanted my sweeties to get to know each other, enjoy their classroom (and teacher), have fun learning, while also understanding expectations for rules & procedures!

I started the day out by just greeting everyone and helping them get settled in! Once the kids unpacked, we had a discussion about something fun they did during summer! 
To know each other better we also played ‘Paper Airplane Game’. It's super easy... Everyone made a paper airplane and wrote their name, something they like and dislike on it. On cue, everyone threw their airplane around the room. If they found an airplane, he/she picked it and kept throwing it for 1-2 minutes. At the end of that time, everyone had one paper airplane. This was the person they must find and introduce to the group. WHAT FUN J
My God what a bunch I have….tennis players, soccer players, dancers, singers, mathematicians, scientists….PHEW!!!




Also I had a budding poet Satyakam sharing his self- composed poem ‘Great Expectations’ with the class…..he actually has great expectations from Grade 3. I hope I am able to come up to those…



Great challenge lies ahead of me…J



2 comments:

  1. Splendid blog!! Watta start to the new session!!Merely two days to usher in the new session and we are able to see a crystal clear picture of the ongoing activities in the Classroom.I loved the links to educational websites and Shelfari.These efforts work a long way in establishing constructive and fruitful symbiosis between the parent and the educator.Looking forward to the new year and hope Satyakam shall flourish under your able guidance.Regards.

    ReplyDelete